Part of the Forward Education Trust

Moving to a New School

Moving from High Point Academy to a New School

Pupils are admitted to the school on receipt of an official request for placement from a Local Authority SEN team and providing that a suitable vacancy exists, admission can take place at any time in the school year.

If following a placement review the school is no longer considered to be appropriate, a pupil may transfer to an alternative placement at any time in the school year.

All pupils leave High Point Academy at the end of year eleven and preparations for transfer begin in year ten. A meeting with parents is arranged to discuss the transfer process with and independent careers advisor and group or individual visits are organised for parents and pupils to establish parental preference.  Parents are informed of placement allocations directly by the Local Authority.   

A series of preliminary visits may be arranged by the school to familiarise pupils with their new post 16 setting.