We know that travelling can make it difficult for some parents/carers to visit school as often as they might otherwise wish. To this end, there is flexibility in the ways in which parents/carers can communicate with us and take part in a varied programme of regular events throughout the school year.
We value parental engagement and hold popular events, usually towards the end of each half term, inviting parents/carers to join their children in e.g. a workshops to attend with your child.
Celebrations are also highlights and well attended by parents/carers as is our annual school play which usually takes place towards Christmas with many pupils taking part. Parents/carers are also invited to attend parents’ evenings across the academic year.
Parents are welcome to meet teachers outside of formal meetings such as parents’ evenings and EHCP annual reviews but do need to make an appointment that is outside of lesson time to avoid disruption to pupils learning. You will also be able to make an appointment to speak to senior leader.
Communication is a two-way process and parents are kindly asked to make a reciprocal commitment. To this end, various mechanisms have been put into place to ensure good communication between home and school.
- Verbal or written messages may be communicated via ClassDojo each day.
- Letters may be sent by post to or from the school. Address: – High Point Academy, Friar Park Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0JS
- Telephone messages may be sent to or from the school. The telephone number is 0121 594 0750
- E-mail messages may be sent to: – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents may visit the school in person to raise any matter of concern with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Assistant Head Teacher. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment
- Class Dojo will be used to communicate with all form tutors and support staff.
- Parents’ evenings are arranged, to provide parents/carers with an opportunity to speak to any teaching, medical or therapy staff.
- Newsletters containing general information about school activities and events are sent home to parents via class dojo.
- Parents/carers will be issued with a questionnaire during the year, which asks for your views on how the school is doing. Details of this are then used to support the School Improvement Plan (SIP) which provides the focus for School improvement for the following year.
From time to time, families may need extra support. School is here to help and we encourage parents/carers to get in touch with us.