We know that travelling can make it difficult for some parents/carers to visit school as often as they might otherwise wish. To this end, there is flexibility in the ways in which parents/carers can communicate with us and take part in a varied programme of regular events throughout the school year.
We value parental engagement and hold popular events, usually towards the end of each half term, inviting parents/carers to join their children in e.g. a workshop related to their child’s learning or to view an art gallery style display of the children’s topic work for the half term. Celebrations are also highlights and well attended by parents/carers as is our annual whole school play which usually takes place towards Christmas with every child having a part to play. Parents/carers are also invited to attend parents’ evenings early in the school year. This is an important meeting, especially if your child is new to the school or has changed classes or teacher. A parents evening is also held in the spring term in order to inform you of your child’s progress during the year.
Parents are welcome to meet teachers outside of formal meetings such as parents’ evenings and EHCP reviews but do need to make an appointment that is outside of lesson time to avoid disruption to pupils learning. You will be able to make an appointment to speak to senior staff.
Communication is a two-way process and parents are kindly asked to make a reciprocal commitment. To this end, various mechanisms have been put into place to ensure good communication between home and school.
- Verbal or written messages may be communicated via the escort staff on school transport each day.
- Letters may be sent by post to or from the school. Address: – High Point Academy, Friar Park Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0JS
- Telephone messages may be sent to or from the school. The telephone number is 0121 594 0750
- E-mail messages may be sent to: – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents may visit the school in person to raise any matter of concern with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Assistant Head Teacher. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment
- Class Dojo will be used to communicate with all form tutors and support staff.
- Parents’ evenings are arranged, to provide parents/carers with an opportunity to speak to any teaching, medical or therapy staff.
- Newsletters containing general information about school activities and events are sent home to parents via class dojo.
- Parents/carers will be issued with a questionnaire during the year, which asks for your views on how the school is doing. Details of this are then used to support the School Development Plan (SDP) which provides the focus for School improvement for the following year.
From time to time, families may need extra support. School is here to help and we encourage parents/carers to get in touch with us.